1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? merino, silk, blends, anything soft, cotlin
I don't care of anything scratchy or acrylic but certain blends I do like
also have been getting into weaving yarns too.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? needle cases specially made for me by Zonda & zknits.blogspot.com last year just gorgeous
I've been thinking I may be needing something like a project tote
with the huge space and lots of pockets in and outside.. I've seen some nice canvas type ones but still exploring options.. I hate making decisions....
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? hard to say I started with my grandmother about 8 y/o long time!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yes
5. What's your favorite scent? clean fresh mostly the stronger ones, fruity, not to fond of florals
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? chocolate
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? knit, spin, weave, crochet (not often), scrapbooking, dye, soapmaking
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) yes country, popular stuff, rock & roll some oldies, not into any pop rock rap new stuff
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? reds, blues, certain purples, white, beige, tans, natural colors I don't know to many to list just don't particularly care for yellows.
use solids to handpainted
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? married with 3 kids and a cat
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? not usually has to be extremely cold, but have on occasion mostly mittens prefer gloves, scarfs & hats rarely....never ponchos
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? socks
13. What are you knitting right now? socks, top, blanket, more socks....
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? of course
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? circs, KP or addis, mostly prefer hardwood & KP options
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes both but my winder is on the fritz I think....
17. How old is your oldest UFO? year or so or more....
18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween (candy galore of course)
19. Is there anything that you collect? sock yarn, weaving yarn, penguins, shells, teas, more sock yarn
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don't' have any subscriptions at the moment, all ran out and I forget to renew them till I see something I want on someone's blog or somewhere. Just ordered some Touftees sock yarn yarn and some others from etsy and the newer ones I haven't seen or used yet either. Keep trying to get my hand on some smoochy but always gone! Also some organic type yarns
I'm very simple and easy to please.....;o)) I'd love to have some of those new Harmony KP needles.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? weaving on the fold I think, not sure what it's called to double my weave width. example make a 64" width weaving on a 32"
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes most defiantly!
US Show Size 8 usually I knit to 9 or 9 1/4 foot from heel to tip of toes, depends on the yarn, also prefer a more rounded toe not pointy ones, and heel flaps,
on top of foot from where the ankle starts to tip of toes 7" and around ankle about 8 1/2"-9". Feel free to ask if you need more info
23. When is your birthday? Sept. 12th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? not right now on wait list for invitation
Have any questions or confused? feel free to ask me any questions at all....